28 October 2009

Owlet days...

The wheels haven't quite fallen off despite my absence for day 27 of Blogtober. We've been super busy! Its been one of those weeks. There are just so many things that need to be done in a day... I've barely finished breakfast and we are in the thick of some craft activity or hugely involved project. Often we haven't finished one thing before we've started the next! So after two days like that, I was one very tired owlet mama last night... Here's a peek into what we've been up to...


Big owlet has been busy being her own designer. She chose the fabrics and the trim, sewed the skirt...


Then strutted around the front yard in her new designer gear! Apparently yellow is the go when you are six.


Then we had time for a little exprimenting. Plants are one of our big interests this spring.


A spot of painting outside, playing with colours, candles and watercolours...


While mama made a cubby!! I upcycled some old garden bits and pieces to make an outdoor space for the girls. I figured if they really use it and love it we might consider something more glam, but for now this is just fine. Oh and hammer and nails aren't so much my thing, so I sewed the walls on! Gotta love it when craft and construction mix.

2 comments:

  1. I bet big owlet is so proud of that skirt. Just like i'm sure you are proud of that cubby. You should be - it looks unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a great designer you have there and love the cubby house construction, ohhh so fabulous ♥

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...